Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Advertising is a large cost that must be recouped by charging you higher fees.

Traffic Ticket Answers - Las Vegas, Nevada
Originally published on Sunday, June 22, 2008 at ETrafficCitation.com.

Fees paid usually are to cover high billboard prices or for a spot at the back of a bus.

Billboards - Depending upon the traffic that passes a billboard, the more the cost to rent the billboard per month. I estimate that an average cost of a billboard (excluding the I-15 corridor that can cost up to $20,000 per month) is between $2,000-$3,000 per month (even with multiple billboard discounts). If a business rents 20 billboards a month, with an average charge of $2,500, it will spend $50,000.00. Do the math with $75.00 as the divisor = 667 traffic citations just to break even on advertising. I think you can imagine the pressures that exist to cover such costs. All that cost just to get a very similar resolution to your traffic citation, if not the same (See my blog entry June 22, 2008 - Can one traffic ticket resolution business get a better deal than the others).

Back of the Bus - I would guess that rates to end up at the back of many buses is similar. When I was in Jr. high and high school, sitting at the back of the bus was cool. Well my attitudes have changed, I hate sitting behind the bus. A bus seems to always be stopped at a bus stop blocking traffic. So the question is, do you like paying for the inconvenience of sitting behind a bus?

No comments:

Post a Comment